Going on the Wildest Ride Ever

I think that I am about the experience a the wildest, challenging most interesting rides I have taken in a long time. They would compare to those of my childhood I imagine except now I am the adult and my 14 year old daughter, yes I said 14 is the child.  I am lucky right now she is looking at this trip up the east coast to New Jersey, positively and looking forward to it. So let's hope that when we wake up on day two in our hotel room, ready to head out on the road for another day of driving, that she has the same outlook! Hmmm. I will blog about that at a later time. However, I am preparing for the good and the bad. I have her favorite music downloaded on my Iphone. I have all sorts of things to keep her busy on my Ipad and she of course has her own books and Iphone for texting. Did I say I have planned ahead for snack destinations and pit stops. I did offer to bring my laptop computer to play movies on but she opted out an lovingly told me that she wished to "talk" to me instead. Hmmm again I thought. We do have a great relationship I consider myself to be a extremely lucky mother to have such a close relationship with my daughter and so few bumps in the "road of life" if I may? When those bumps happen they are usually big but we deal. So I will sign off for now and jump back on to fill you in on how our trip is going in a few days. We have been looking forward to spending this time together just she and I for a few months now and I hope that it is all that we have made it to be in our heads.  We are packing up now and leave on the 17th the day after she turns 14. We are getting excited. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment